Sunday, October 7, 2012

Refreshing Wardrobe Knobs

I've been searching such a long time for you.... oh my beautiful... knobs!

Yes, I've been finding suitable ones for some time now. I know that this brand - Gainsborough, has nice ones, and they cost quite a bit, so I've been looking for other options.



Eventually, I gave in and bought 2 types. One for the master bedroom and the other for my mum's room. It has a 10 year guarantee which I'm quite happy about. Even the sales person who worked in this industry for a long time assured me that the print will still be there at least 10 years. If you're interested, you can check their website to find out more. I got mine for $10 bucks for one, changed the base plate for a gold one. Cool!

http://www.gainsboroughhardware.com.au/default.aspx



These were the initial knobs I bought. They are cheap and they look cheap. So, those went into the storeroom...

This is for Mumzie's room:

And for moi:


 The "Before" knobs in my room:



The "before" knobs in the rooms are a mismatch to my current theme. Mine's Victorian/French and mumzie's is floral. So these new knobs fit right it. It especially fits my mum's curtains that is also in blue and white floral.






The only thing that irks me is the tiny holes you see on my wardrobe doors. I've yet to try the wood putty, but I doubt it works as the wardrobes are just laminates, not solid wood. 

Gainsborough also sell ceramic door knobs, and there's more selection compared to the cupboard knobs. Well, my room doors are still working fine, so there's no need to change them. There are other brands out there but so far I've not come across one that gives a 10 year guarantee at the same price I've paid. It's a good buy and worth checking out if you fancy them.

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment